Wednesday, August 13, 2008

BAM

It hit me the other day, hard.


Oh my gosh...I'm going to college


I'm going to college 6 hours away


All my friends are going to be scattered around the country


I will most likely not see any of them until Christmas.


I will be far away from my family too.


6 hours isn't too much, but it is enough to keep me from seeing them often.


I'll get new friends. And so will my current friends


But will I be able to maintain my friendships I currently hold (I hope so!)


I'm away on vacation leaving myself a day and a half to prepare to move in to college.


1 and a half days to pack up the car, say goodbye to everyone I love, and leave until Thanksgiving.


It just hit me the other day that I am seriously going to miss people. I began a list in my head of people who I am friends with, that I hadn't thought about missing until now. And now I really wish I had loads more time with them.


I also thought of people I had been wonderful friends with, and then, now I have lost contact with, it is crazy.


I'm also thinking of Jaime, I'm going to miss seeing him as much as I like, and I'm going to miss not talking to him as much too. I know we can stay together through this, though many others doubt it. But it is sinking in how hard this is going to be.


I certainly don't regret attending Michigan State, even though it is much farther than Penn State. I have so many more opportunities at Michigan State. Things have been going great there already and school hasn't even started yet.


I plan to keep this blog running as frequently as I can. I don't know how many people even read it anymore, or how many people will care what is going on. But somehow I feel a kind of connection, this ties together the life I'm leaving behind and the life I'm about to enter. I'm hoping that this tie, among others will keep me centered in both the old and the new.


Loving Everyone Always Forever

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Going to college is fun, hard, exciting and scary all at the same time. Even though I am an OLD aunt, I still have friends from high school that I see every time I go back to Girard. And when we do get together, it is like not much time has passed.

And I have friends from college, friends from working, friends from neighborhoods, etc. It is great to meet new people, but you will always have friendships from growing up. It always seems like I know those friends better, I guess because we did grow up together and knew each other for SO long before going off our separate ways.

I know you will have fun at college, but it will be hard and exciting and scary all at the same time! But those who are your true friends will always be your true friends. That is one thing you don't need to worry about.

Tim Parenti said...

Isn't it funny how all of our old aunts put "old" in all caps?

Yeah... it was about a week before when it hit me, too. It's scary, diving into uncharted waters, and it doesn't get much easier. But know that many have gone before you and have turned out just fine!

I leave for Pittsburgh in less than 8 hours... (that is, if we can get everything into the van by then)!

funejai - Just thought it looked fun-e.

Anonymous said...

We all felt like you, and we met each other at Pitt so that was VERY special. We pray for you every day. So, relax, a little, and enjoy your college life.l

Grandma & Grandpa B.