Monday, January 08, 2007

Christmas

I realize that this post seems to have come rather late. It is, after all, January 8th, which is quite a long time after Christmas. But, alas, whether on break or in school I have a steady flow of work that seems to tear me away from my writing.

Now where to begin.

Well, I love Christmas. The whole season is wonderful. I love the happy, joyous atmosphere and I love the Christian attention flowing. I love the Christmas story, little baby Jesus being born. I adore the Christmas Eve service at my church. All of the songs that we sing are so beautiful and all of it really gets you thinking about our Savior. We can't have candles at our church because it is in the gym of an elementary school but that is okay because they give us glow sticks which stay lit much longer, and are thus much more fun!

After the Christmas Eve service we have a tradition of eating at Outback Steakhouse. This is a fun tradition that we all enjoy very much. Then we go home and each open one present before heading off to bed.

Then the next morning the commercial side of Christmas steps in, and I must admit I love this side as well. I love giving people presents, although some people are much harder to buy for than others. The gifting part of Christmas seemed to go well, everyone seemed to like what I got them and I loved what everyone got me!

Christmas break was very enjoyable. It was nice and relaxing and I definitely enjoyed sleeping in. It was annoying having to study for the chemistry tests that I had everyday the week we came back from break but all in all it was very nice.

My mom bought me a book by my favorite author, Tamora Pierce, and I have yet to finish it but so far it is an amazing book, just like all of her other books are.

So, yes, I'm sure if I had written this earlier I would have had a lot more to say about my Christmas. All I can say now is that I loved it and I had lots of fun, seeing relatives was amazing, lots of people I don't normally get to see were in Erie with me. And, well yeah.

Now I have to write about New Years Eve. That was more recent, I'll have more to say I think, maybe.



Loving Everyone Always Forever

2 comments:

Lexi Elizabeth said...

it was still 9 days ago.

but nice post.

Tim Parenti said...

You're not too far off... if you're Russian Orthodox and celebrate Christmas on 07 January... which obviously, you aren't.

Buy hey, it'd make a good excuse.

Random tangent: Yes, comments can have them, too... Finish up your driver's license stuff so I don't have to keep hosting the widget.