Saturday, December 23, 2006

Youth Group

A month or two ago I listed a few things that I promised that I would write about, my Youth Group was one of the things that I said I would write about. Up until now I have neglected to mention anything about it. This is silly of me because I love Youth Group. It is super fun, we meet once a week and i love it. I have been attending the Youth Group at Beverly Heights Presbyterian Church for 5 years now. The first two years I was in the Middle School Youth Group. The past three years I have been in the High School Youth Group. This year has been very different from the past 4 though.

This year we started a 'Student Led' program. For five weeks we had different students leading groups, we split into two groups each week with a male and female leader in each group. I led 4 out of the 5 weeks. I was chosen to lead one of the groups with one of my favorite people, whom I have known forever, David Thomas. The other group is led by my amazing boyfriend Chris Fisher, and one of my few female friends at Youth Group Laura Lindenfelser. Every week we meet with our 'Adult Encourager' who during the Youth Group sits there and takes part in discussion and helps us if we need it. The Adult Encourager in my group is Bob Kelley. As I was saying, we meet sometime during the week before Youth Group so we can read over the topic we are talking about. We have scripts for each topic but often we end up rewriting them and changing questions. It is quite a fun job and I love doing it. It is always exciting seeing more people coming to Youth Group, and our discussions are always so interesting.

So, that is my post on Youth Group, so now I've completed the posts on all the things I promised that I would post about! If anyone would like more information about Beverly Heights United Presby Youth Group get in touch with me and I will provide our schedule.


Loving Everyone Always Forever

1 comment:

Tim Parenti said...

Wasn't Dave Thomas the founder of Wendy's? Andrea would like that...

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Merry Christmas!