Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Caffeine + Me = Wired

I think it was about a year ago, although I'm not sure of the exact date, my youth group had a 'coffeehouse' thing, they bought a bunch of coffee from Blue Horse coffeehouse, and they gave us all of our choices, I had a carmel coffee. I don't normally drink coffee, that was the first time I really had. But I loved it, the coffee was great and I loved just socializing.

At the end of youth group that night I was so wired...and for all of you that are not going to understand my use of wired and think i mean weird, i really do mean wired, its a slang term, and i looked up the definition for you on dictionary.com Wired: a slang term meaning Very stimulated or excited, as from a stimulant or a rush of adrenaline.

I was shaking so much, and I was talking so fast, my friends were starting to have trouble understanding me, and I think it really scared some of them that I was shaking so much.

So tonight I went to Aldo's Coffee, which is in Mt. Lebanon, my church does this thing once a month, called Soul Cafe. They have our band playing songs, christian songs, and popular songs. I love it, it's sooo much fun. Normally I order a caramel frappuccino, and it is really good, but today it was really loud when i ordered and they misheard me and gave me a caramel cappuccino instead, which was fine, it was also really good, and I enjoyed it a lot. The only thing is, that cappuccino's have espresso in them. Which means that cappuccino's have a lot more caffeine than frappuccino's do.

So about an hour after I started drinking the coffee I got jittery and wired, and it really is amazing, I have started talking very quickly and it is becoming hard to type, because my mind is going so much faster than my fingers can, and i'm jittery, so i keep pressing the wrong keys. Or pressing the keys too many times. So I know I am going to be up late, because I'm so wide awake, and I also might be sick later, because as you all know I do have my fair share of health oddities. My mother and I are slightly caffeine-intolerant...which means we get sick if we have too much caffeine, it won't be terrible though, and it was really good coffee.

Aldo's Coffee always does a really good job. And Soul Cafe is always really fun, and I love the music, so I'm also advertising them because they are awesome!

So yeah, this was random, but Steph thought it would be cool if I wrote about how hyper I am!

Luv ya all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the plug for soul cafe. it is alwasy great to see you there. and girl you were wried: two posts - wow!

Tim Parenti said...

I did that once while writing a term paper at 05:00. Too much Giant Eagle cola is a bad thing!