Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Zoo Goers

Today my family, my mother, two sisters, and I went to the Pittsburgh Zoo. The Pittsburgh Zoo really is wonnderful, well kept and really big. My mother and I made a realization today: there are two types of Zoo Goers.

The first type of Zoo Goer is the type that walks through and spends about 5-10 minutes looking at every animal, and they read all the educational signs by each animal, and they take pictures of the animals, and sometimes they just sit down and watch other people watching the animals after they themselves have looked at them. These people study every sign and brochure and animal and plant in the entire Zoo. This type of Zoo Goer needs 2-4 hours to get through the entire Zoo, and that is assuming that they ate before they entered the Zoo.

The second type of Zoo Goer is the type that walks by the animals looks at them for maybe 1 minute usually 30 seconds-ish and then they walk on to see the next animal. This type rarely even glances at the signs posted, if they do look at the sign they go directly to the name of the animal and thats all the sign is useful for. This type also tends to spend a long amount of time in the gift shops, touching all of the furry stuffed animals, and marveling at all the pretty jewelry. This type of Zoo Goer needs just over an hour to get through the Zoo.

My family is the second type, we were in the Zoo at 1:10 and out of the Zoo by 2:25. We enjoyed looked at the animals, but we certainly didn't take any pictures (we come to the Zoo about 3-5 times a year! what do we need pictures for?), we stopped in all of the gift shops and enjoyed looking at everything, each of my sisters and I got a small extremely soft (and collectible). and my mother bought a penguin nesting doll. The zoo was very fun, and didn't take up much time, I had time to finish one of my books for english and everything!




Luv ya all!

No comments: