Sunday, March 05, 2006

My Pictures


I have been very excited to share pictures with you! I have waited a long time, wishing to put pictures in after typing about all 8 days of the trip...that is hard to do. I want to be able to visually show you how devastated the area is, so enough waiting i'm going to show you now! These are just the pictures that I took, I will also be including a post of select pictures from a few other people on the trip.


This was the house that we were drywalling, though it may not appear damaged on the outside, you can see the broken windows, and on the inside I can assure you that there were no walls downstairs when we started!

This was a photo taken of the neighborhood that we were drywalling in. From just this view it is hard to see the devastation, except the blue roof, meaning that it is in major need of repair. But look at these closeups of the neighborhood and you can clearly see the devastation.

These houses were wiped out by Katrina, and what remained of the walls was so moldy, and mangled it needed torn down.

Upon First Glance this house looked fine, and then we looked closer. You can tell it was a beautiful house.


These Following Pictures were taken at Ms. Wandas Pecan Farm!

These Next Pictures were from Extreme Home Makeover Home Edition!




Luv ya all!

No comments: