Sunday, March 05, 2006

Mississippi Day Eight

Saturday
February 18, 2006

Today was our day to jump on a plane, leave Mississippi behind and come back to our homes in Pittsburgh. But I assure you when we jumped on the plane, we did very little leaving of Mississippi, it is tucked not too far away in the vast expanse of our memories, available to be pulled out at the drop of a hat.

I don't really have much to say about this day, we did have to split into two groups; Anna, Ryan, Penny, Richard, Simone, and Chanel, all took a plane to Atlanta, and then to Pittsburgh. The rest of us went to Dallas and then to Pittsburgh. The plane ride was fun from Dallas to Pittsburgh, I sat in an aisle seat, and Sue sat on the aisle seat across from me, Dylan sat in the seat in front of Sue. We were on the plane waiting on the runway for about an hour before we took off so Dylan and I decided to play Hangman. I got out a sheet of paper. It was a very entertaining game. The first word I gave him was "Waterfall". His man was already Hanged and he was down to _ater_all we decided to have him continue to guess. Eventually he got the 'W' so now he had Water_all...it was very amusing he couldn't come up with it. He kept guessing waterball and Sue and I were laughing so hard, then the woman sitting in front of me, she hadn't even seen the paper and she blurted out "Waterfall, oh my gosh, It's Waterfall!" We all burst out laughing and she turned to Dylan saying "That took you forever, I didnt even see the paper and I knew what it was!" Everyone was having fits of hysteria.

Getting home was a bit surreal, it was exciting, and yet I think we all had a longing to help out a bit more. But truthfully, I don't think we would ever be completely satisfied with the amount of work we could do in only one week.

Had we had the energy this would have been a day of reflection. In truth however, we were all exhausted and anxious to see our loved ones and to sleep. Both of which everyone did. And I'm sure everyone slept very well. Although I must say that I missed having all the other people sleeping in the same room as me, and I know Anna said the same thing.



Luv ya all!

No comments: