Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Darkness, and the Elevator

I must have been having a very blonde day, it was last thursday, and every thursday I go to my dads house for dinner. So I got there and we talked and all that, and then we went to leave for dinner. When we reached the bottom of the stairs I flipped the basement light switch to turn off the lights, I wasn't thinking about the fact that I hadn't turned on the lights above the stairs, so when I turned off the basement lights I screamed "Ah it's dark!" Because of course I could not see anything, my dad just laughed and said "Well you did just turn off the lights, what else would you expect." Later we went over to my grandparents apartment at their retirement home. We got on the elevator and clicked on the number for the floor and started going up, thats when I noticed a small sign, the sign said "Capacity 3500" and I stared at it for a second and then aloud I said "You couldn't fit 3500 people in here." My dad burst out laughing, and that is when it clicked..."Oh, 3500 pounds" Yes, okay, those weren't my brightest moments but they are worth mentioning.

Luv ya all!

5 comments:

Tim Parenti said...

It could have been 3500kg...or worse, 3500 ounces. Maybe it meant 3500 germs (of course, then the elevator would have never gotten off the ground)!

Honestly, Laurel. You never cease to amaze me!

Miles C. said...

"Darkness and the Elevator"...sounds like a bad sitcom!

It's Darkness...Darkness and the El-e-va-tor! Darkness and the El-e-va-tor!

Lexi Elizabeth said...

i've done that before! the first thing at least. and not just once. i do it all the time!

Tim Parenti said...

LOL! Yes, Jay, it does sound like the typical sitcom that is promised to be "the summer's biggest hit," which of course, gets cancelled after three episodes due to poor ratings (or being broadcast opposite "American Idol").

Tim Parenti said...

Update: Laurel has written the first episode to this sitcom/saga.

Just when you thought things couldn't get any weirder...