Monday, May 26, 2008

Prom

So Prom was on Friday!

It was a lot of fun. The day started pretty well. We got out of school at ten so we could prepare. I went out to lunch with some friends which was awesome. I did a lot of hair and makeup preparation on my own.

Because Jaime couldn't go to Prom with me I went with one of my friends who happens to be a junior so she wouldnt have been able to go otherwise. Her name is Blair Koch. Our group consisted of...the two of us...Libby and Trae, Jay and Andrea, and Vickie. At Prom dinner we also sat with Haley, Courtney, and Marissa. That may or may not be the proper spelling of their names.

It was fun when we first arrived because we put our stuff down in the seats we had been assigned and then went off to talk to people. I was rather peeved though when I came back and realized that my stuff had been moved to the complete opposite side of the table. The original arrangement had been (starting with me and then going to my right) Me, Libby, Trae, Andrea, Jay, Haley, Courtney, Marissa, Vickie, Blair. Then of course after Blair was me because we were in a circle. When I got back Andrea had moved us all around...without asking...and refusing to move back...so we now sat...(starting with me again) Me, Haley, Courtney, Marissa, Vickie, Blair, Andrea, Jay, Trae, Libby. Then me next to Libby as well. Now I realize that it isn't really as if Blair and I are dating but she was there with me. So I think that it was completely unreasonable to rearrange the seats so that I didn't actually get to talk to Blair at all at dinner...I was a little more than slightly peeved.

Then after dinner and watching the prom video Blair and Andrea ran off who knows where and I didn't see them for several hours. I did have a lot of fun though, I only danced a little but when I danced it was loads of fun.

I had my handwriting analyzed and though I don't think she really got most of the things she said from my handwriting it was still fairly accurate I would like to think. She started by saying that I was a strong-willed determined person, as well as a bit of a perfectionist. She said that I don't like others telling me what to do. I thought that part was pretty accurate. She said that I was nice, and intelligent, a very sweet person overall. She said that I like to surround myself with people but that I keep some things to myself. She said that she believes I will be very successful though when she was guessing my future occupation she was looking more towards Lawyer and I don't plan on being a lawyer. She said that she thinks I feel unsure about the future...(though really...who doesn't). She also noted a few other things which slip my mind at the moment.

The one big downfall of the night was that this one girl...who has never been very nice to me, who is generally mean to pretty much everyone, who very few people like...was wearing the same dress as me. I didn't ever think myself the type to be peeved by something like that. I suppose it was just that this girl has been mean to me in the past and so I didn't like that. Though I was told I looked better in the dress haha.

Despite the fact that this blog is semi-negative sounding I really did have a good time. It wasn't to die for amazing but it was fun. I also loved that I got to see a lot of my friends dressed up and I talked to a lot of people that I don't normally have the chance to talk to.

Love Because You Have Been Loved

1 comment:

Tim Parenti said...

Well, it's good that you enjoyed yourself!