Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Mission Trip

This is my week as Mommy.
I was pretty excited, and I still am, I'm having a lot of fun being Mom.
Let me explain.
This week (Mar 1-Mar 8) my Mom and Mark are in Mississippi with a group from our church. They are rebuilding after the destruction from Hurricane Katrina.
So while they are gone I am, with the help of Grandma Marge (Marks mother), acting as mother. It's fun, except that I'm always at school or work. I did, however, request off from work on Friday so I could take the little girlies out to dinner. Friday will be lots of fun. I told the girlies that they have to decide between the two of them wherever they want to eat. We're going to the mall before hand and going to build-a-bear and leah is going to make her b-day present from me, and then Jaime is going to come with us to dinner, and then we'll be off to Leah's school fun fair, We'll be there until the girlies are tired of it, then I'll take them to Grandma's to spend the night because I have Musical practice early in the morning.
So far it has been fun though, I went grocery shopping with Stephanie, and I cooked dinner that night, and stuff like that. I've done dishes and laundry. I'm hoping to clean on Friday night as well, because my parents will be home Saturday and I'm sure they would love to come home to a clean house.
I've talked to my mom and she says that she is doing well. They are having a lot of fun on the trip. I know this post was very unorganized. My brain is sorta flying about, I don't really have time to post, though I have much to say...
I'll post more later.

Love Because You Are Loved

4 comments:

Tim Parenti said...

Wonderful! Glad you're holding up well!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you and the little girlies are having fun! Friday sounds like a blast!

Scott had a basketball game at the Whitehall Middle School down the street from Marge's house last weekend and we saw Marge, Stephanie and Leah walking the dog by the school on our way there! It was funny to see them so far from either of our homes.

I'm looking forward to seeing your play. It sounds like there have been lots of practices. I know it will be great.

Aunt Beverly

Lexi Elizabeth said...

i'd say let's have a sleepover friday, but i'm sure you've got plans with jaime. maybe some other time?

x said...

i missed you this year!!!!! :(
i posted a ton of pics up on facebook so check them out to see what exactly your mom and mark were up to haha :)