Saturday, July 02, 2005


Alright, before I explain about me being in the hospital I just have to mention that this is the 3rd time this year, and it is the 5th time i've had an IV in and I hate IV's. Anyways, here's the story. On Wednesday, we had the day off from working, so we all went to this river that had lots of big rocks that you could climb on and there were several small waterfalls. At that point in the day I was alright.

It came to be lunchtime, and we had a box of stuff that was sent with us. Now since I knew that I was with my friends, and I was in the middle of nowhere, I really didn't want to get sick because of my gallbladder having been removed last year. So when I looked at the nutrition facts of the lunch, I realized that it had 42% of your daily fat and 52% of your daily saturated fat. I turned it down and ate pretty much nothing.

After lunch, we headed back to the camp and at about 12:30 I started to feel pains around my belly button... I wasn't sure why I was getting these pains, and I still don't know why. All I know is that they hurt really bad! When we got back to the camp I went straight to my cabin with my three new friends (Kyrstyn, Lisa, and Jen) and I laid down on Jen's bed cuz it was easier to get to. I took some Tylenol, but the pain did not go away.

It came time for us to decide what we were going to do. Originally the plan was that all the girls would go to the mall, but with the pain I was in, there was no way I could go the the mall. So, I told the girls just to go and have fun without me. They were reluctant, but they eventually did go. So I lay on the bed, and while I was laying there I got a little visit from two of the guys, but that is a different story.

After the girls got back from the mall, the pain was still present and it was not getting better. It was dinner time, so we all went down to the dining hall but I of course did not eat. I didn't want to become even more sick. After some of my friends were done, we went up to the guys' cabin and just hung out outside the cabin. All of a sudden the pain increased, becoming amazingly worse. I stood up from the bench I had been sitting on and I told David that I was going back to my cabin.

I started walking across the field to the cabin, and I heard my name. I turned around and saw the people I had just been with, looking very confused. I turned back around and kept on walking to the cabin, and Kyrstyn, Jen, Lisa, and Chris ran after me. They caught me right before I got to the cabin door. They were extremely worried, by the looks on their faces. I explained my pain and then I went to lay down. The girls followed me in, and I started crying. They told me that I should go to the hospital if the pain was this severe. They went and got the leaders and they got me in the car and I went to the hospital, screaming and hyperventilating. I was crying the entire way, I was so freaked out, and my leg started spasming.

When I got to the hospital, I had to sit in the waiting room from about 6:30 to midnight. My dad came down to see me and that made me feel happier, but eventually I got into a room and they asked me a bunch of questions, and then they drew out two vials of blood and gave me a CT scan...I hate the stuff you have to drink for the scan.... Anyways, I got about 3 hours of sleep the entire time I was at the hospital, and when they got the results back from my tests they told me that everything was normal. Wow, doesn't that sound like before when I had my gallbladder removed? Anyways, after that, my dad took me back to the camp and I got lots of hugs from everyone! I definitely felt loved!

Luv ya all!


Anonymous said...


Miles C. said...

Wow. I'm glad your fine!