Friday, September 12, 2008

Rainy Day

Ick, all day today has been a rainy awful day. It has been completely disgusting outside. I do enjoy that the weather is getting cooler. Normally the cold weather makes me sad because I love wearing my summer clothes. This year however, the cool air has been a gift, whoever thought dorms without airconditioning was a good idea must have been murdered long ago...though no one has resolved this flaw in college dorm life. Some dorms on campus have A/C. Unfortunately those are the ones that are so far from everything else so no one wants to live in them.

Campus is huge. It is good for getting exercise, but when it is rainy and you really want a cup of coffee its frustrating. No one wants to go out in the pouring rain if they can help it. It isn't that I need to go anywhere now...but I did want to go to Starbucks and review some articles for work. I guess I will have to suck up and read them in my room.

Unfortunately it is supposed to continue downpour tomorrow. Tomorrow is Saturday! Saturday = FOOTBALL!

I have never really been a football fan. I mean I've always wanted my team to win, but it didn't really matter too much. In high school I think I went to 3 games, but that might be a stretch. I went to the first home game at MSU last weekend and I LOVED IT!

I had sooo much fun!!!! The game was set to start at noon but they let people in at around 10. My friends and I got there right when they started admitting people in and so we were in the 7th row of the student section. As soon as things started happening on the field we all stood up on the bleechers to see, that got tiresome after a while but it didn't get boring because we had lots of cheers to do. Everytime we got a first down we would put one finger in the air and say "1, 2, 3 *clap* first down bitch!" and we would make the sign for a first down. That was one of my favorites but we also did a bunch of other dance/cheers. I actually understood what was going on, and more importantly WE WON! MSU BEAT EMU! Now the reason I brought this up is because tomorrow there is another game, and it is going to be raining. I really don't think I want to be outside, standing on bleechers, in the rain for several hours...plus Rose and some of the other people I went with last week will be out of town.

So I don't know if I'll be at the game tomorrow. I would like to go, but not in the rain. I might sit in my dorm, watch it on TV and work on homework lol.


I had my first test today, it was in French and I'm pretty sure I did very well. It is not a difficult class. I'm sure it will get harder but where I am right now I mostly know it all. Though I suppose we shall see when I get my test back.



Loving Everyone Always Forever

1 comment:

Tim Parenti said...

It's been very rainy here, too. That's why I'm glad I'm centrally located and that there's a dining hall in my building (although I didn't eat there today because I'd already made other plans... oh, well).

Let me just say: You'll love walking to class in the snow.

It definitely took college to get me excited for football, too. My high school football team sucked and I just grew weary of attending the games. It's no wonder the band often left after halftime, especially if the weather was bad.

We don't have such vulgar cheers. At least not officially. ;) As a member of the band, we're only allowed to promote/join in on the positive cheers, but I'm sure the student section has come up with other ones. Heck, they were chanting "Fire Wannstedt!" during the waning minutes of our home opener loss to Bowling Green.

Rainy games aren't so fun. Much better to watch on TV (since you actually have a choice!).

J'espère que vous avez bien fait sur votre examen du français!