Monday, February 12, 2007

First Day

I'm sure you are all curious about my birthday...and I assure you that i will tell you about my birthday soon, but I knew that that would be a longer post than this one about my new job so I decided to post this first.

Sunday I started my first day of my first job! I worked from 1-6 at Steak and Fries at South Hills Village Mall. It was very cool. At first they had me filling the drink orders while I watched the girl work the register and then whenever we had a slow time she would answer my questions. Then it was time for her to go on break so I was left in charge of the register...that was very trusting after only working there for an hour or so. The register isn't too hard to work once you get the hang of it, the computer is slow at first and it takes a while to register when you press certain buttons so you have to remember what the people say, ask them to repeat, or ask them to wait a moment while the computer catches up. It also helped once I learned what was on the sandwiches to begin with and then the extra options.

By the end of the night I got pretty good at the register. I go back on Wednesday from 4-closing. I'll probably get home around 10, it will be a long day! But lots of fun. I really like working. And, I get free food, definitely a plus! haha

Oh, and I get paid, I don't know when or how much...but I get paid. So yes, that is my wonderful job!


Loving Everyone Always Forever

No comments: