Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Great Grandmother

Now believe me, I do love my great-grandmother. She is really nice, and great and all. But sometimes she makes comments that you have to wonder what she was thinking when she said them. Then you realize that it is only grandmothers that could get away with saying it.

I was at my great-grandmothers house on Easter and she knows that I have a boyfriend, so I told her I would show he a picture of Chris and I. She said okay, and then she said, "you've lost a lot of weight haven't you." and I was like...yeah a bit. Then she said, "you look really great, that must be why you have a boyfriend now" then i showed her the picture, and she said that Chris looked very nice. But I was sorta still stuck on when she said "that must be why you have a boyfriend now"...Gee Thanks grandma...

So yes, everyone has been having a good laugh over that!



Luv ya all!

3 comments:

Tim Parenti said...

Indeed, only Great-Grandma could get away with saying that in that context!

Lexi Elizabeth said...

when did you lose weight? you look the same to me (this is coming from the girl who didn't notice the glasses). :( and that's definitely not the reason you have a boyfriend. even though i don't know chris, i do know you were great friends before you started dating. therefore it wasn't appearance that got you a boyfriend. sorry, laurel. it's actually your personality.

Tim Parenti said...

P.S.: It's "a picture of Chris and me," not "Chris and I."

Whatever.