Sunday, April 23, 2006

Acquire the Fire 2006

Acquire the Fire is a 2-day christian youth Convention. This is the second year I will be in attendance and I am so excited about it! For those that have not heard of Aquire the Fire before this is how it works: the program is two days long, Friday May 5 doors open at 6 pm, and doors open Saturday May 6, at 8 am, and the program ends at 9:30 pm. There is music, and skits, and lots of fun. This years speakers will be Ron Luce, and Joel Johnson. The bands coming to provide the music are: Skillet, Cross Movement, and Unhindered. The cost is $50. For more logistical information visit http://www.acquirethefire.com .

Last year I had the greatest experience, just seeing all of the people filling the Petersons Event Center, all these people wanting to worship God. It filled my heart with joy, and even more love for the Lord. It was incredible the feeling of closeness this program brought us. Everyone could feel the presence of God, It was the closest I had ever felt. The music, the wonderful skit, and the speakers placed the longing in my heart to show how much I love my God.

This program not only brought me closer to God, but it also brought me closer to the people that I was with, we had grown a bond together with Christ. One of the messages that I got out of last years program was to be a real Christian. Not just read the bible and go to church. But to really love and worship God. To love him with all your heart, mind, and soul.

Anyone interested in joining our group please contact me bethelbrunette22@netscape.net or speak with me in person. The sooner I know who all would like to come the sooner the tickets can be bought. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me!

Luv ya all!

1 comment:

Tim Parenti said...

Yay! You're going to ATF! I'll be there, too. Everyone else should go; it's a ton of fun!

Wave to us in Section 122!