Sunday, February 26, 2006

Mississippi Day Six...Grrr

I knew I forgot something, Once again too much multitasking. It is amazing how I always forget the really great parts of the day too!

Alright, when Nicole arrived at the house, we were excited to show her all we had done. She walked in and her eyes filled with tears, she had only been into the garage and she was so happy because she couldn't see right through the house anymore. She walked around the house and talked to us, it was so nice to meet the person that we had been working so hard for. All the hard work became worthwhile at that moment.

Nicoles son and daughter also came to see the house. Nicoles son was coming back for the first time since the disaster. He was so excited he said "I have been waiting to do this forever and he ran outside with his sister to jump on their trampoline. Nicole told us that she had considered not coming back to the house at all, she wasn't sure what to do. But she decided to try and stay when she talked to her kids about it and the daughter, whom was 5 said, "Mom, we can't live somewhere else, we have to go back, that house is where all of my rememories are!" (don't you just love how little kids say cute things like that)

I also had a very special deja vu moment. Anyone that knows me very well knows that I often have dreams that come true. I believe that sometimes God decides that I am too thick to see any of his other messages so he sends me a dream. I had a dream about 3-4 months before the trip, I had no clue what it was about, and I didn't think about it until it happened. We were all standing in the kitchen of the house and my mom said to Nicole, well at least now you can make your home the way you really want it, you can redo the things you didn't like, and Nicole agreed with her. That is all that happened in my dream before I woke up, but standing there and realizing that I had seen taht before made me more sure than ever that God knew I was going to be here, and that this was where he wanted me.



Luv ya all!

3 comments:

marlaena said...

glad to be of service to you laurel! thanks for the story of nicole - i had forgotten about the "rememories" - as i told you this morning your blog is really helping me process and triggers rememories for me.

and i learned something about you this evening. It's great to hear God has given you eyes to see and ears to hear through dreams.

i'm enjoying this being a little bit of team effort - as we share these stories - it's what the trip was all about! working with God and each other.

Anonymous said...

laurel - cool story. the scriptures remind us that through God's Spirit we will dream, dreams and see visions. sounds like a God dream to me.

terry

Lexi Elizabeth said...

laurel! you are so blonderister!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lekwa! (or however it's spelled. :-P