Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Who Are You?

I was asked a very complexing question about a month ago by one of my favorite people and one of my best friends Bob, he helps with the Youth Group that I attend and I talk to him online regularly. He told me that he was going to ask me a deep question and he wanted a deep answer. He asked: "Who are you?" and then he added "and no your name is not the answer to that."
That got me to think. Who am I? How do I define myself? So I started jotting down everything I would say to describe myself:
-a christian girl
-someone who likes to listen to people talk
-someone who likes to help people with problems
-someone who likes to ask lots of questions about people to find out all about them
-someone who also likes to answer lots of questions about herself, and yet is rearly asked
-someone who needs everyone else to like her because she likes everyone else
-someone who finds it impossible to hate other people because when I do I end up hating myself
-someone who feels inferior, incapable of being good enough
-someone who wants to impress everyone
-someone who really needs to be loved and hugged
-someone who likes flattery in small doses but gets frustrated when it becomes excessive or 'corny'
-someone who really just wants to get married and have a family right now and not worry about any thing else except for taking care of my kids
-someone who goes into bouts of depression occasionally and becomes overwhelmingly sad and just wants to curl up and cry and have someone give me a hug and tell me it will be ok, not to ask whats wrong just to hug me and be there

How do you define yourself? Who are you? (and no your name isn't an answer) Think about it its an interesting question, I know I've missed some of the things that I thought of first but this is most of my list i'll add more if I think of any!

Luv ya all!

1 comment:

Tim Parenti said...

-someone who goes into bouts of depression occasionally and becomes overwhelmingly sad and just wants to curl up and cry and have someone give me a hug and tell me it will be ok, not to ask whats wrong just to hug me and be there

Awww.....

ltbfkn