Saturday, July 02, 2005

Hello Beautiful

In my last post I mentioned that I was visited by two guys, well this is probably going to end up being a long story so lets get started. Soon after my friends had left for the mall one of our leaders, Micki, came to me and asked me if it would be alright if she went over to the pool with her son. I told her that that would be fine, but she was still a little worried about me so she gave me a walkie-talkie thing and she had the other one so that if I needed anything I could just call her on that. A little while after she went to the pool I heard a knock on the door, I went over to answer it since I was the only one in the cabin, to my surprise it was Bob (another group leader) he asked if I knew where Micki's keys were, he was going to drive her car with a few of the guys to go to Sheetz to get gas and so the guys could buy stuff. I went in the room and looked around and I could not find them so I told Bob that since I was the only one there he could come in and help to look, and so he did, and we could not find them so he went down to Micki, and it turned out she had them with her at the pool, so now that everything there had been settled I went and I laid back down on the bed. The pain was too great for me to sleep, but I figured that I might as well rest, since it was also too much to walk around too much. A few minutes after Bob had left another knock came on the door, I went over and two guys walked in, I had no clue who they were so I just said hi, and they said "hi, is it alright if we take out the garbage?"...and I was like umm yeah...and so I went back to my bed while they did that... then shortly after they left someone came on the walkie-talkie and said "Hello Beautiful" I looked over at it and was kinda shocked I wasn't really thinking that they were refering to me and I couldn't tell who it was saying it so I didn't respond, the next message sent though included my name so I picked up the walkie-talkie and said "hi who is this?" and the reply was "David and Chris" ...(David and Chris are two of my favorite guys in the world, let alone youth group) when I heard this I was like oh my gosh, and I just started laughing. For the next few minutes I talked to David and then Chris and they asked how I was feeling and stuff like that, eventually I got a little curious, because I had thought that they went to Sheetz with the rest of the guys, so I asked them "Where are you guys?" because if they had gone to Sheetz the walkie-talkie would have been out of range. and Chris replied to my question "We're right outside your door." I just laughed thinking they were joking, and then the two of them walked into the room. I was shocked, they came over and they told me that they had asked Micki if they could come and see me and she had said not to go into the room but that they could talk on the walkie-talkie to me. So since they weren't really allowed in the all girls cabin (even though I was the only one there at the moment) we walked outside and I stood leaning against the doorway and they stood on the ramp. We talked for probably half an hour to an hour, and then the guys got back from Sheetz, so for several minutes I had all the guys there with me and then Bob came over and told us that they shouldn't be that close to inside the cabin so I asked if we could sit on the steps by the other entrance, that idea was accepted, so that is what we did, at that point it was just Chris, David, Kevin, and I. Later a few more guys came and sat and talked with me. It was sooo awesome I love all of them so much...and plus I love talking so it was like my two favorite things. Anyways yeah thats my story. If I included all that we talked about the story would be three times this long so i'll save you from that...even though it was a pretty interesting conversation...
Luv ya all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya, probably better that you don't elaborate on the conversation too much, at least the parts I was there for ;-)

Course you can go on and on about how you needed to stay in the shade, and wouldn't budge at points!

Though one thing I would add to this is the potency left in the wake or your departure... the powerful prayers offered up on numerous occasions, by your friends, family, and even the brothers and sisters in Christ at the camp.

You know how group prayers are usually pretty much silent besides the leader? Lets just say that didn't happen this time, you were well supported!

God showed up, and comforted us as well as you, in some manner at least!

~Jude 2,

Bob

Lexi Elizabeth said...

all i can say is getting sick has it's perks. haha.