Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Chriopractic

After all the tests, and doctors I had seen about this mysterious pain in my abdominals, every thing pointed to one thing... that I am perfectly normal, and that I am imagining the pain. Now anyone who knows me knows that I am not perfectly normal. And I myself know that I am not imagining my pain. So feeling very desperate for an answer my parents decided that maybe the problem was in my nervous system, and when something is wrong with your nervous system you go to a chiropractor. Since my mother attends a chiropractor for back pains it was simple getting an appointment.
When I arrived they took me to a room and asked me the normal questions "Do you drink alcohol?" "nope" "Do you smoke?" "nope" "Are you pregnant?" "nope" (I had better not be).... You know those questions, after that they took me to another room and had me sit with my front facing the chair and they had me lean forward and lay my head on this pillow thing. Next they run a tool down my back while applying 6lbs of pressure. By doing this they are able to locate which areas of my vertabrae are giving the least or most resistance, the areas giving the least resistance are out of allignment and cause sublexation.
After looking at the results the doctor told me "Well I've got good news, we have figured out your problem." I was so relieved I was like "Finally I'm abnormal!" The doctor laughed and informed me that the vertabrae in my middle back are extremely out of allignment, these vertabrae signal the nerves in my stomach, liver, and gallbladder. (isn't that amazing) Another area with sublexation is the nerve at the very top...(the one that pretty much goes everywhere in your body) that mostly affects the number of headaches a person gets. (And all this time I thought getting between 52-104 headaches a year was normal!) Anyways now that the problem has been determined now I am going to the chiropractors about 3 times a week so I can get adjusted.
Now if only I had done this last year, It would have saved me a lot of pain.

Luv ya all!

1 comment:

Lexi Elizabeth said...

wow. you must really be in pain! ouch. i hope everything works out for you. although you lost me when you said that you were abnormal. the rest just was blahblahblah. haha. something about your gallbladder....haha.