Friday, August 22, 2008

College

I'm at MSU now. I'd like to give you a long update about how it is, but I can't...because I'm not sure how things are going. I like college every now and then. But then there are times when I'm petrified. I suppose that's normal.

I was talking to Jaime about how I was worried and felt lonely. No one has been in my room for a few hours with me. Jaime said that it shouldn't be bad because he and I were still talking a lot, and that's true. And he said the only thing that is really different is that I don't have my mom to talk to. I started crying. I became glad at that moment I was the only one in the room. I don't want to cry in front of people yet.

Jaime was so right, I miss my mom a lot. Because I never realized how much I love coming home after a date or work and talking to her about her job and tennis and my job and everything else. I would have called her. But it was after midnight when that conversation occurred. I've found that as long as I don't talk to people about missing my family I'm ok. But as soon as it is mentioned I cry a bit.

I'm sure that will get better. I've only been her two days.

If anyone wants to send me mail you can get my address from my parents.
My email address is smit1300@msu.edu


Loving and Missing You All Dearly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laurel,

Hang in there ~ it will get better! Once classes start you won't have time to be lonely. You and your mom have a special relationship. I hope I have a similar relationship with Meredith one day...

Jana

Tim Parenti said...

Jana is absolutely right. I feel like crap right now because there's only so much I can do to occupy my mind... but every year, without fail, I very quickly get too busy to worry about such little things. Not that I don't care about my family, just that it all gets put into perspective. You're there for your education, moving onward. And your family is just a phone call away.