Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Senior Slave Day

Today was Senior Appreciation Day aka Senior Slave Day. This is the day that every senior chooses an underclassman to be the seniors slave. The slave has to dress up in whatever the senior wants and has to carry the seniors books and open doors for them and pretty much do whatever the senior wants. This was my first time being a slave, (and my last) my senior was Brian Sullivan. He has been in the musicals with me and is my folder partner in chorus, also I believe he was in my creative writing class freshman year? I'm not sure about that though.

So he was my senior and it took a very long time for him to figure out what I was going to dress up as, at one point he was going to have me dressed as one of the girls on Flavor Flav, I wasn't too enthusiastic about that, then he was going to have me and a few of his friends' slaves dress up as the Blue Man Group, that would have been amazing! I would have loved to do that, wear all black and then have my face painted blue. But we didn't end up doing that because one of the girls that would have been in the group wouldn't do it. So Brian ended up finding this costume which was pretty funny, it was in the shape of an egg and then there were devils horns and tail...a devilled egg. So that is what I was, I wore grey shorts and a white tank top and then this felt costume (it may not have been felt, but it was something like that).

It was a funny idea, and I played along with it, I painted my nails red and put on red eyeliner with white eyeshadowfor effect. Brian cam and picked me up in the morning with a couple of other people and we were going to go out for breakfast before going to school, so we were going to go to Eat-n-Park, but then we decided we didn't have enough time so we were going to just go to McDonalds, well who knew that the McDonalds near us didn't open at all until 7am. not even the drive through was open, and we didn't have time to wait until 7am. So we just drove over to the Giant Eagle (Open 24 hours a day 7 days a week!) and everyone got bagels or donuts or muffins and I got a peach, because I'm allergic to baked goods (wheat and yeast allergy blah).

So that was kinda fun, and then we went to school and Brian showed me my costume, which included one of those swimmers caps things, the ones that keep your hair really tight agaisnt your head, so I wore that all day, and it was very hot and kind of painful.... But it wasn't too bad, and even though I probably looked really incredibly stupid that was the point so I was okay with it. So I went to homeroom and got my picture taken for yearbook (haha, great) and Brian had told me where his homeroom so I would know where to come and pick him up, I got out of every class 5 minutes early to go pick up my senior and then take him to his class, and then I was allowed to be late a few minutes after the bell to my class.

Brian told me before I took him to homeroom that since I was a devilled egg I had to be mean to people, I was like "What!!" and he said to say stuff like people were ugly or looked fat etc. I was horrified, I did NOT want to do that at all. I should have just said no...i should have...i didn't, during every class I dreaded leaving to find Brian because I didn't want to say mean things, I am not a mean person, every mean thing I said was painful. Brian had told a lot of people what I was going to be doing so when Brian told me to say something mean to them they would just laugh and say thank you...but I still felt bad, we would walk down the hallway and he would point random people out and tell me something mean to say to them, so I was dutiful and went to them and said what Brian said, a lot of them understood because they had talked to Brian, but other people looked really dejected, so I made sure to explain to them that I really didn't mean it, and that because of my costume I had to be mean to everyone, that made them feel a little better I think, but Brian told me to stop doing that. I should also mention that Brian laughed everytime I said something mean, and found it awesome and hilarious. I didn't think it was either of those things

Yesterday, I thought I would enjoy being a slave, and I think I would have if only I could have been the slave of a senior that wanted me to hand out candy or something. It was such an awful thing to be doing. I really wanted to start telling people that I really didn't think they were ugly, I thought they were beautiful, and I didn't hate them I liked them a lot, and that they really were wanted! I wanted so badly to compliment people instead of put them down, but I was bound to my slavemaster. I do what I'm told, I've always known that that was a dangerous horrible thing. I hated it, hated it hated it hated it. So I've decided that tomorrow I'm going out of my way to compliment people and tell them how nice they look.

As soon as the day was over I took off my costume, handed it to Brian and turned to Andrea and gave her a hug and told her how much I like her, and how pretty she is, and undoing all the mean things I had said, and everyone I had said anything mean to I took it back and showered them with compliments...but I only saw a few people, and that didn't make up for all those poor people.

I am such an awful terrible person...I said that today when someone asked me what I thought about myself, because according to Brians rules I had to say something nasty about myself. But when I said that I thought about all the awful depreciative things I had said, and I decided that I wasn't lying when I described myself.



Loving Everyone Always Forever

3 comments:

Lexi Elizabeth said...

you didn't mention brandi! hehe. i wasn't a senior slave this year, but next year, i'm going to have like a mlilion little slaves :D

Anonymous said...

Haha. What?!?

Senior Slave Day? That's funny. I had no idea that that was going on when we drove past your school en route from SHV to Wal*Mart. Okay...

Lexi Elizabeth said...

excuse me..it's senior APPRECIATION day. :-P