Wednesday, September 20, 2006

OMG There was a dead Squirrel in my house!

I should just leave this post empty and leave you with the title, I mean really that is enough description is it not? But I know that you all want every juicy detail of my story, am I correct?

So, as you all know there was a squirrel in my house, and we could not find that squirrel, so we assumed it got out of the house. This was not an invalid assumption, and truthfully it was pretty close to being outside....

In my kitchen, between the stove and the microwave there is a hole in the wall, there used to be an air vent there, but i'm assuming it is no longer an air vent as it is an open hole. This hole is closed off on the outside, so nothing can get outside. I had wondered whether the squirrel had climbed in there when we couldn't find it, but I assumed there was a way to escape. Apparently there was not, as today we found a dead squirrel in there, its tail protruding from the hole over the stove.

My mother was the one who actually found the squirrel, upon coming downstairs this morning she noticed a peculiar and strong smell, and while talking to my aunt on the phone, and investigating the possible cause she remembered that I had wondered if the squirrel had gone into the hole, she came to take a look and when she saw the squirrel she freaked out, she decided that she could not eat lunch in the kitchen with the dead squirrel and there was no-one near to get rid of it. So my mom went out for lunch.

When my sisters and I came home she told us about the squirrel so we went and saw it and were grossed out. My mom talked to one of our neighbors and he saved the day and came over and removed the squirrel and took it out to the woods. So our house is now squirrel-free, but even still I look at the hole everytime I enter the kitchen.



Loving Everyone Always Forever

2 comments:

Lexi Elizabeth said...

hehe. at least you found the squirrel and it wasn't a mystery forever

Anonymous said...

And where are the pictures? (j/k - I haven't eaten lunch yet).